Continuing with the Kreative Blogger award post, here are 10 random things about me.
- I learned Morse code when I was a kid so I could pass the test required to become a licensed amateur radio operator. My brother, Dad and I all got licenses and we spent a lot of time “chatting” with people around the world. My brother and I were really into it for awhile. I guess that might have made us a 70’s version of geeks
- I practiced Tae Kwon Do for 3 or 4 years in college until I fell during a jump turning backspin and hurt my shoulder. That injury caused problems for years after, probably because I kept practicing Tae Kwon Do and re-injuring my shoulder. Stupid. And frustrating.
- For some reason, if I’m prompted for a random word, I’m strangely likely to choose “yellow” or “egg.”
- Sometimes I calculate things just for fun.
- According to the Myers-Briggs Temperament Indicator, I’m an INFP, almost on the edge of INTP.
- I caused at least two head wounds to my brother that were bad enough to require stitches. Sorry, man. I’m pretty sure they were accidental.
- I have three old scars on my hands and arm, one from a hoe wielded by my brother, one from a box-cutter, and one from a broken off walkie-talkie antenna.
- Whirlyball is one of the funnest games I’ve ever played. Two teams try to score goals using a Wiffle ball and plastic scoops. Oh and all the players ride in bumper cars.
- As a kid, I would sometimes sneak a sip of wine or cognac from my parents’ stash. My mom busted me one day by casually asking, “So was that wine good?” She said it so straight, I automatically answered yeah before realizing I had just confessed. Well played, Mom.
- Some of my earliest memories are of forty acres of land we owned near Antigo, WI. The land was wooded, with areas of brush and hilly grassland. A stream ran through it that we fished for trout. The stream led to a pond my brother and I waded in to catch tadpoles. It was also on this land that I opened a big gash on my brother’s forehead by swinging a branch at him. I’m pretty sure we were playing, not fighting. Either way, it was an accident. Really.
I’ll post a final installment to the award post series later.
I will likely add some photos to this post later in the day.
Kreativ award post part 4, Ten Random Things