Mount Baker, Heliotrope RidgeThere are many things in the world to inspire awe, so selecting a handful for this post is a challenge. Of course, I could go with something in nature. I’ve been on hikes where I’ve been awestruck by the view of a mountain peak so close it felt like I could reach out and touch it.

Or, I could go with one of the feats of strength, balance and skill some are capable of. The first time I saw Cirque du Soleil was on their Quidam video. I remember thinking what they were doing seemed impossible. Here’s a segment from that video.

When I was in college, my favorite band was Rush. Their musicianship struck me — especially that of Neil Peart, their drummer and main lyricist. While I was always deeply impressed by Peart’s playing, it was this solo that made me realize how awesome he really is.

Then there’s an expression of creativity that blows the mind, like this sketch by Cody Rivers, one of my favorite Bellingham duos.

The Cody Rivers Show from ENW with Deb Slater on Vimeo.

Yeah, the awe-inspiring is all around us if we notice it.

And, since I was just informed that April is also National Poetry Month (and, since putting together words just so, in a perfect way that sends shivers down my spine is awesome), here’s a poem for you:

love is a place… (58) by E. E. Cummings

love is a place
& through this place of
love move
(with brightness of peace)
all places

yes is a world
& in this world of
yes live
(skilfully curled)
all worlds

A is for Awesome

9 thoughts on “A is for Awesome

• 04-01-2012 at 5:52 am

Wow-weee. Yes, plenty of awesome there. Thanks for the post, and good luck with A- Z ! !

• 04-01-2012 at 11:27 am

Thanks for dropping by! Good luck to you as well.

• 04-01-2012 at 11:44 am

Awesome, indeed. What a great collection….may the brightness of peace be yours and may you live skillfully curled in world fo yes.

• 04-01-2012 at 12:49 pm

Aha! Well you mean literally awesome, and that’s great! Thanks for this collection of wonderment. I really like the poet ee cummings too, always have 🙂

Thanks for visiting and good luck!!

• 04-01-2012 at 1:48 pm

Thanks for stopping by. I think I forgot to mention on your post that I like your blog name, Pish Posh.

You just don’t hear people say “pish posh” enough, imho.

• 04-01-2012 at 11:25 pm

I’m gonna lie to you. This not blog non-entry was horrible. It was so narrow in scope. And depressing. And what’s with the prose at the beginning about hate and nowhere? I’m so happy you won’t be writing any more non-entrys.

Whew. Happy Opposite Evening (& April Fool’s)

• 04-02-2012 at 12:40 pm

Ha ha! Very nice. 😀

Oops, I mean. [sob] That was mean and poorly done. 🙁

(Good one, Eve. 🙂

• 05-08-2012 at 6:46 am

LOL! That comedy video rocks. As a computer programmer it made me think a little much. I predict my work today will not be adversely affected.

The drum solo rocked. I love that stuff.

Good start!

• 05-08-2012 at 12:21 pm

I found that comedy video got my mind working too. Like, how “opposite” do they have to be? Could I parse each line and find a more opposite line? I probably could, but I won’t.

Computer programmer, eh? Did I know that about you? I used to be a software engineer, but bailed on it long ago.