A to Z Badge 2012You may have noticed the new “badge” in the left sidebar. Because I’m a sucker for games, I’ve decided to try my hand at the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. I figure if nothing else it will get me posting more often. Plus it sounds fun to have to come up with a letter-inspired post for 26 of April’s days.

The challenge starts April 1 and continues through the month, skipping Sundays (other than the 1st itself). If you have a blog of your own and are going to try it, let me know. I’d love to see what you come up with!

And, because I apparently have a bit of masochism in me, I’m also considering another April challenge, Script Frenzy. If you’ve ever had an interest in writing a script, this might be a great structure for you. Similar to National Novel Writing Month, Script Frenzy is a game to create a written work in 30 days.

Script Frenzy badgeEven if that doesn’t sound like your thing, go check out the Script Frenzy website. In the upper left is their Plot Machine which generates random, hilarious scenarios. Who knows? Maybe it’ll inspire you.

So, I’m going the Blogging from A to Z Challenge for sure. Look for my take on the letter A next Sunday, April 1. No fooling.

I’ll keep you posted about Script Frenzy. You know, as if you care.

Are you planning on doing either Script Frenzy or the Blogging from A to Z Challenge?

Writing games may turn me into an April fool

6 thoughts on “Writing games may turn me into an April fool

• 03-27-2012 at 11:29 pm

Wow! That is an impressive amount to take on all at once -and exciting, too!

I will be checking in to see how you are juggling it all.

See you around in the alphabet! =)

• 03-28-2012 at 4:07 pm

Ha! I’m still not 100% sure about ScriptFrenzy. Then again, I may as well give it a shot…right? Even though I’ve never written a play before, and even though I have no idea what I’d write about.

Hmm, I seem to be coming back to my being a fool.

Yes, see you around the alphabet. It’ll be fun to see what people come up with.

• 03-28-2012 at 6:01 pm

I have taken on the challenge as well. I am snooping around other participants’ blogs tonight and I happy to have landed on yours. The others I checked out tonight already have at least 10 posts made, ready and waiting. Hell, I still haven’t even decided on the word for each letter! Anyway, good luck! I’ll drop by again and see how you are faring!

• 03-28-2012 at 6:22 pm

It sounds like you’re more prepared than I am! I haven’t given any letter any thought yet. But that’s pretty much my M.O. anyway. In this case I can’t really imagine that being an issue. I mean, coming up with some association for each letter shouldn’t be that hard.

Of course, I could be wrong…

• 03-31-2012 at 8:35 am

I care, I do. Do keep us updated.

I like both these ideas — especially that plot machine. I’m going to think over the A to Z idea. I have about 24 hours to do so. Write on!

• 03-31-2012 at 1:55 pm

I appreciate that you care!

It’s funny, just this morning I was laughing at myself because of my procrastinating ways. I have no theme or particular plan for the A to Z challenge, and I’m still only 97.36% sure about doing ScriptFrenzy.

But, as Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half has so conveniently put on a t-shirt, “I PROCRASTINATE and that’s okay because I’m ten times less likely to become a serial killer.”

So I’ve got that going for me. Which is nice.